Goa, the party capital of India is home to some stunning beaches, beautiful whitewashed Portugese Churches, happening Night Clubs, Bars & Casinos. Goa can be divided into three major regions- North Goa, South Goa and Central Goa & Panaji.
Each of these regions is quite different from one another and offers unique experiences. Most of us plan short trips and the time is insufficient to explore it all. So, you can only visit only few places but how do you choose them to make the best of your trip. This post will help you make the right choices.
In order to handpick your destinations you need to know what does these different regions have to offer-
This is where you find the crowd & crazy parties. North Goa has crowded beaches, all the major night clubs & the famous forts. All water sports activities are available here and Hotels, Bars & Restaurants are around everywhere. Majority of the popular attractions lie in the north Goa only.
- Major beaches include – Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, Vagator & Morjim Beach.
- The famous Night Clubs where you are sure to have a great party include- Club Cabana, Tito’s, LPK Waterfront & Sinq. The list is quite long though, just check the reviews online before you visit there.
- There are a lot of forts in Goa, in the North as well as in the South. Some famous north goan forts are- Aguada, Chapora & Reis Magos Fort.
South Goa is more peaceful & less crowded. The beaches are cleaner & whiter, there are less activities to do, with less number of Clubs, bars & Restaurants but enough to cater to the touristy needs. Its more hilly & green as the western ghats begin from here. South Goa is where you find serenity.
- Major beaches include – Colva, Palolem, Agonda & Mobor Beach.
- Popular forts are Cabo de Rama and Mormugao fort.
- Popular clubs are – Leopard Valley, Silent Noise-Party and Gatsby’s Pub.
- The famous Doodhsagar Falls also lies in the south.
OLD GOA & PANAJI:
Old Goa displays the historic and cultural face of Goa. This central part of Goa is marked with famous Portugese Churches, inland islands, mangroves, bird sanctuaries & spice plantations.
A lot of adventurous activities are available in this part of Goa including River Cruises, Bicycle tours of the city, River Kayaking.
- The famous Casinos are- Deltin Jaqk, Deltin Royale & Casino Pride – all on anchored ships. Its a must-have experience if you’ve never been to a Casino before.
- Bike tours in the morning will soothe your mind, body & soul.
- Famous Churches include- Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral & St. Francis of Assissi.
Whether it is North Goa or South Goa or Old Goa, each of them offers a unique experience. So, its not about which one is better, its all about your taste.
North Goa is about the crowd & party. South Goa is about serenity & peace. Old Goa is about history & culture.
Colva in Goa is a bit of a blend of north and south. There’s decent crowd – mostly western and isn’t that far from north Goa or old Goa either. Its a good place to stay for a middle ground in both parts of Goa.
Read the Ultimate Goa Travel Guide blog-post here Things to do in Goa and More- Goa Travel Guide.
Happy Travelling !!